August 27, 2008

Sorry Folks...

... but there are some things I just don't want to blog about, at least not while I'm in the middle of them. I'm going through some heavy times -- my life filled with life-and-death issues -- and I don't want to write about them in a superficial overly emotional fashion. When I was younger, I knew that writing about things when they were fresh -- sometimes even with pen in hand while they were happening -- gave things serious edginess. But now I realize that's sensation, and not an honest way to search for a deeper kind of truth. I don't want to turn what I'm going through into sensation. And at the same time, I don't want to blithely post about other things, as if everything was hunky dory. My heart wouldn't be in it.

I'll take a page out of The Third Eve's book. She recently wrote an article about something very trying, very demanding, and very emotionally overwhelming that happened to her a year ago. She didn't write about it then. She waited until it settled, and she could make sense of it; until the experience had ripened. It's more meaningful that way.

So I might wait a while to write about these things. That is, if I ever write about them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now I'm worried, but I trust that things will work out. I hope things go back to hunky-dory soon. Please give a hug to Szilvi for me.

Eve said...

Theo, I'm sorry you are suffering. I know when I'm overwhelmed by something so big, I don't trust myself to write about it yet, as I really probably can't make sense of it while it's happening. But when we were younger... oh, how resilient we were.

Helen T. said...

I know what you mean about not wanting to blog about heavy issues, which is why I stopped blogging. But with school starting again tomorrow I am going to try to get into the swing of things bloggingly. But I hope everything is okay, and I was worried after reading the blog about Szilvi. Please email me.